Coconut Lime Bar
- 1 package Iveta Vanilla Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 8 tbsp room temperature butter
- Zest of 4 limes (less if limes are large)
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cupcake mix, coconut and butter in the bowl of a mixer and beat until moistened and clumps together
- Pour into a foil lined 9 x 13 pan, evenly coating the base, pressing it in firmly
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the base is slightly golden brown.
- While the base is in the oven, zest the limes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the zest, lime juice and eggs and sugar.
- Remove 1/3c of lime mixture and whisk with the flour until smooth
- Whisk back into lime mixture, then pour over base and put pan back into oven.
- Bake for 15-20mins
After 5 minutes in the oven rotate the pan 180 degrees, then finish baking for 16-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.